WELCOME TO THE PROPHETIC ZONE!

WELCOME TO THE PROPHETIC ZONE!
Prophet Kwame Osae Djan's Blog-- THE PROPHETIC ZONE

Tuesday 28 May 2013

There Is No "I" in Team



“Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.” Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (NLT)

There is no “I” in team. I remember that phrase volleying back and forth during  tennis match with my sweetheart back in Ghana. I would miss a put away at the net and turn to my partner saying, “I’m sorry.” Her reply, “It’s okay. We’re a team, and there is no “I” in team.” In a later match her down the line shot goes wide and she exclaims, “Sorry I missed that.” I respond, “Remember, there is no “I” in team. 

Reset and let’s go.” Every match didn’t sound like that because once that tone was set, we knew it to be true. We won and lost as a team! That spirit of teamwork is what kept us driving forward during a tough match.

That particular partnership lasted a long time because we were a solid team; we won most of our matches, but we lost our fair share, too. Looking back, I think one of the biggest factors of our success was our mindset. Sure we took clinics to work on our game and played challenge matches to keep us on our toes, but on the court there was no “I”. We won and lost as a team

I never walked off the court feeling responsible for the loss. Equally important, I never went down the path of pointing the finger to place the blame on my partner. Come to think of it, there is no “U” in team, either!

I tell you Jesus was a master at team building! Twelve men choose to uproot their lives and become disciples of Christ. Through sharing His life, these men went on to reach out to others as a unified and powerful witness to the truth of God’s love.  

“I am not praying just for these followers. I am also praying for everyone else who will have faith because of what my followers will say about me. I want all of them to be one with each other, just as I am one with you and you are one with me. I also want them to be one with us. Then the people of this world will believe that you sent me.” John 17:20-21 (CEV)

What a word, amazing, this is Jesus speaking. Run away from men of God and leaders who are pompous and feel they alone can do everything. LIKE Jesus, remeber team work is very crucial. There is no “I” in team, but it’s all about the “U” in Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment