WELCOME TO THE PROPHETIC ZONE!

WELCOME TO THE PROPHETIC ZONE!
Prophet Kwame Osae Djan's Blog-- THE PROPHETIC ZONE

Tuesday 4 June 2013

The Gift of Choice




“Don’t let the world around you squeeze you into its own mold, but let God remold your minds from within, so that you may prove in practice that the plan of God for you is good...” Romans 12:2 (Ph)

 1) I refuse to be defined by others, 2) I choose short-term pain for long-term gain, 3) I choose God’s values not the world’s, and 4) I choose to live by faith, not by fear. I wrestled with my thoughts: Who or what do I allow to help determine my identity? 

Human nature is consistent with world values when we place importance on popularity and acceptance. Being a people pleaser inadvertently leaves the issue of our identity in other people’s hands. I’ll be honest, I’ve often performed the mental question of “what will other people think” before moving ahead with a decision. But scripture reminds me, “Our purpose is to please God, not people. He is the one who examines the motives of our hearts.” 1 Thessalonians 2:4 (NLT) Pleasing God should be my number one priority!

Here’s some great news. You don’t have to wait for a New Year to be intentional about making God a priority in your life! God meets us where we are all twelve months of the year. But if you’re like me and want to make resolutions for 2013, why not choose to identify a couple Godly goals to work toward? I am choosing to be defined by biblical principles instead of popular opinion. I want my actions and words to be more Christ-like. I’m also choosing to live by faith knowing God is able to accomplish immeasurably more that I could even hope for. When trials and tribulation attempt to rock my world, I can relax in the knowledge that God has great plans for me. And those plans are good! 

Make a good choice, good jugement is critical, choose Jesus, choose Life. Bles you!


No comments:

Post a Comment