WELCOME TO THE PROPHETIC ZONE!

WELCOME TO THE PROPHETIC ZONE!
Prophet Kwame Osae Djan's Blog-- THE PROPHETIC ZONE

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Am I Using My Talents For Christ?




“Each of you has been blessed with one of God’s many wonderful gifts to be used in the service of others. So use your gift well.” 1 Peter 4:10 (CEV)

It’s not by accident that God created the heavens and the earth with dramatic diversity! My son, Nick, appreciates the lush, green forests of Oregon. In contrast, the beauty of the desert landscape is what keeps my friend, Christie, settled in Arizona. I’m guessing God was equally deliberate when He created us with unique traits and talents. Just as the splendor of nature often brings forth an inner stirring, our abilities were designed to impact the lives of others. 

Throughout scripture, we are reminded of the purposeful manner in which we were created. In Job, we read: “Your hands have formed me and made me.” Job 10:8a (AMP) In Psalm, it is written: “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!” Psalm 139:13-14a (NLT) Those are just two examples confirming God’s handiwork. Our identity and our God given gifts are not an accident!

Many times we recognize our abilities, but only use them for personal acclaim or enjoyment. Our creator had other ideas in mind. His intention was for mankind to see Christ’s presence in us and through our loving behavior toward others. Investing our time and talents in this way establishes blessings of eternal significance. I love the simplistic yet profound words of George Otis, founder of the Voice of Hope radio ministry: “Jesus will judge us not only for what we did, but also for what we could have done and didn’t.”

I had to be honest; I’ve missed opportunities to use my abilities due to selfish unwillingness or regretful procrastination. What about you? Have you utilized your strengths in Christ-like service toward others? One thing’s for sure, refusing to identify and make use of God’s gifts will be addressed on the day of judgement. “And so, each of us must give an account to God for what we do.” Romans 14:12 (CEV)  

Pay tribute to our heavenly Father by using your talents for Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment