WELCOME TO THE PROPHETIC ZONE!

WELCOME TO THE PROPHETIC ZONE!
Prophet Kwame Osae Djan's Blog-- THE PROPHETIC ZONE

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Making Wise Decisions



“It is the Lord who gives wisdom; from him come knowledge and understanding. He provides help and protection for those who are righteous and honest.” Proverbs 2:6-7 (GNT)

I’ll be honest; sometimes I have a hard time making decisions! (I can see it now - my husband is smiling and nodding in agreement!) It’s not that I don’t have an accurate awareness on my own likes and dislikes, it’s more about the fear of making a bad decision or feeling anxious over the potential for disapproval. On reflection, I’ve just confirmed what Pastor Rick Warren stated during a weekend service: “At the root of indecision is fear.” Fear of failure. Fear of criticism. Fear of disappointing others. The list can go on and on, unless I live with the knowledge of God’s truth: “There is no fear in love; perfect love drives out all fear.” 1 John 4:18 (GNT) 

I make countless decisions every day! Most of them have little or no longterm impact on my life, while others may carry repercussions that can be felt for years. The key is learning to tell the difference before I pull the trigger! I should always make God my go-to guy for wise counsel in preparation for making choices - especially the life-changing variety which bear considerable consequence. 

The bible is an extensive how-to book for Christ-like living. In scripture, I am also invited to consult Him through prayer: “But if any of you lack wisdom, you should pray to God, who will give it to you; because God gives generously and graciously to all.” James 1:5 (GNT) The more I become aware of His presence, the easier it is to instinctively make decisions that are pleasing to God and in accordance with His will. 

Has fear ever held you hostage in your decision making abilities? If so, start small - throw caution to the wind and choose a bright color for a new raincoat. At some point you’ll need a new one anyway. On the contrary, clothe your mind and your heart with the wisdom and knowledge of Christ. Decisions involving your character often last a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment